Sunday, December 6, 2009

Praying

Something interesting I have seen around here and have been thinking of writing about. Just before I say anything…its nothing that disturbs me, I actually find it kind of nice…just different enough to write about.

In the religion I have grown up in, praying has always seemed to be as one of the most personal and private things. Something you d rather do alone where no one can see you or in the church. In Moslem culture it doesn’t seem to be like that.

People pray where ever they feel like. You just role down your small carpet and do it.

Some of the examples:

1. You walk into the cafeteria to buy a sandwich and the place just seems empty. So you are looking around to see where’s someone who you could order or give money too…and suddenly you realize the person is just behind the counter, down on his knees praying. Ups sorry…didn’t mean to disturb you. …No, no I can wait just finish your staff…. And it takes few minutes and the guy would stand up and say: what can I get for you?

2. You walk on the street to your lunch break and suddenly you feel the need to change your walk way not to disturbed (walk over) a business man in full expensive suit, who has just put down his carpet on the middle of the street and is kneeing for praying.

3. In the office, you get up to walk to the kitchen to make yourself some coffee and on your way you see that one of your work mates is down on his knees, praying rug rolled down in the corner just beside someone else’s desk.

But I guess if you pray 5 times in a day it must just become part of your human life and needs so you just get used to finding whatever place to satisfy your need.

I am sorry I cant illustrate this post with some interesting photos, but I figured its not nice to take pictures of people praying, even if its such a public thing for them to do.

1 comment:

  1. Well , about praying yes we do pray 5 times a day i'm not proud of my self coz i don't do it here in Romania, but someone pray in the walking way .. maybe this happened 1 in million .

    congratulation for the Blog i like it

    Wesam
    Jordan-Romania

    ReplyDelete